Stimulus Measures & Government Cash Support
The Queensland Government COVID-19 economic relief package includes:
- the waiving of 2020–21 liquor licencing fees
- waiving registration renewal fees for Inbound Tour Operators
- waiving of daily fees for commercial activity agreements and permits
- rebate on Marina Charges and Passenger Levies by Ports North
- pubs and clubs will get a three month deferral on gaming machine taxes
- deferral of Tourism Lease Rent Payments.
- COVID-19 regional airline network support program to support critical air services to connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel according to the criteria in the Grant Guidelines. Applications opened 6 April and close 5pm (ACT local time) 31 August 2020.
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) is offering free membership, advocacy and support. You can also call (07) 3236 1445.
Where to find help?
Click the links below for more information, help and resources from expert industry sources.
Federal Economic Support Measures
- First Stimulus Package (12 March 2020) – details of the package
- Second Stimulus Package (22 March) – Click to download Official Fact Sheets
- Economic relief for SME’s
- Tax Support for Australian Businesses
- Tax-free Cash Flow Boosts of between $20,000 and $100,000 for Employers – Australian Taxation Office
- Third Stimulus Package (30 March) – JobKeeper Payment – Australian Government
- Key Information – Australian Government
- Frequently Asked Questions – Australian Government
- ATEC & Australian Chamber – JobKeeper Payment, Quick Employer Guide (Version 4, 14/4/20) – A brief employer guide to the new Federal Government JobKeeper wage subsidy
- Employer registration for JobKeeper via the ATO is here
Mandatory code of conduct for commercial tenancies – Australian Government advice (8/4/2020)
- Increased funding for the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme – Australian Government advice (1/4/2020)
- Government support and assistance for the tourism industry – Tourism Australia
- Business Australia – What support is available to businesses?
FOR HELP – Call the Corona Virus Business Liaison Unit on 13 28 46
State Economic Support Measures
Stay in touch AQ – via Facebook
Not a Member of AQ? Sign up here