Reef HQ Aquarium invites guests to visit all the natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef at the ‘world’s largest living Coral Reef Aquarium.’
Not only is Reef HQ Aquarium an award winning tourist attraction in North Queensland it is also the education facility for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, and home to thousands of incredible marine creatures.
Reef HQ Aquarium acts as a window to the reef and boasts a range of displays and exhibits to inspire the conservation of the Great Barrier Reef.
Signature tours are run daily by a team of interpretative guides and volunteers.
10.30am Predator Dive Show
12.00pm Turtle Hospital Talk and Tour
2.30pm Animal Feeding Tour
3.30pm Turtle Hospital Talk and Tour
Reef HQ Aquarium is open 9.30am – 5.00pm, 7 days a week.
*Except Christmas Day
Reef HQ Aquarium Features:
– a 2.5 million litre Coral Reef Exhibit
– Reef HQ Aquarium Turtle Hospital
– Daily talks and tours designed to educate visitors about the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (included in the cost of admission)
– Compliments a dive or snorkel trip, allowing divers to enjoy and understand the Great Barrier Reef
– Reef HQ Aquarium is the centre of excellence in marine science research and education
ENQUIRIES & BOOKINGS
Reef HQ is conveniently located on Flinders Street East, right in the heart of the Townsville CBD. Next to the Aquarium is the Museum of Tropical Queensland, and the Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal is located within a five minute walk from reef HQ. The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Cultural Centre and IMAX Dome Theatre are also located in the Aquarium complex.
268 Flinders St, Townsville City QLD 4810, Australia