In the HEART OF THE SOUTHERN GREAT BARRIER REEF, the Gladstone Region is full of surprises! From the reef to the beach, from the hinterland and countryside to some of the greatest fishing spots, there’s a lot to discover in the Gladstone Region!
The Gladstone Region begins approximately 450km north of Brisbane and is the gateway to picturesque Islands and Reef, including Heron, Wilson, Lady Musgrave and the Capricorn Bunker Group of Islands and the diverse rural hinterland of the Banana Shire.
Our Region is famous for its fishing and crabbing and with sensational spots such as Lake Awoonga, the Boyne and Calliope Rivers, Curtis and Facing Islands –you’ll never go hungry.
If you prefer a little more adventure, don’t be afraid to get off the beaten track and enjoy our rough and ready 4WD trails and walking tracks within any of our numerous National Parks.
Famously known as the birthplace of Queensland, 1770 was named after the year Lieutenant James Cook and his crew from the Endeavour came ashore on 24 May and is the only town in Australia with numbers for a name!
The postcard perfect coastline of the seaside communities of Agnes Water, Town of 1770, Turkey Beach and Baffle Creek are untouched, pure and exciting – imagine swimming in crystal clear waters, unwinding on your own deserted beach, kayaking or surfing alongside turtles and dolphins, sailing or bushwalking.
A trip to the Gladstone Region would not be complete without taking in the natural beauty of the Boyne Valley. Just a short drive from Gladstone, the Valley is a rural community encompassing the towns of Nagoorin, Ubobo, Builyan and Many Peaks.
Head further west to the Banana Shire and enjoy the rural beauty of this agricultural and mining region steeped in history. Stay at one of the 12 unique towns, visit local museums and experience the country hospitality.
Whatever you’re looking for you’ll find it here in the Gladstone Region!
Top 10 Things to Do in the Gladstone Region
- Snorkel or dive the Islands of Southern Great Barrier Reef at Heron, Wilson or Lady Musgrave Island!
- Head out to Lake Awoonga and try your luck with catching a Barra!
- Take a scenic 4WD through Kroombit Tops National Park and check out the many 4WD tracks!
- Take up the challenge and Climb Mount Larcom
- Pack up the family and enjoy the many peaceful camping hot spots in the Region. Don’t forget the Marshmallows!
- Take a peaceful stroll through the magical Tondoon Botanic Gardens!
- Take a day trip to see Beautiful Betsy – a World War II B-24D Liberator Bomber Aircraft which crashed in 1945
- Enjoy a cool off in the splash zone or relax alongside the beautiful grassy areas and walkways at the East Shores Marina Precinct
- Hire a Kayak for some fishing or just paddle around Lake Awoonga and enjoy the beautiful scenery!
- Explore the Seaside towns of Agnes Water / 1770 which offer an exciting and appealing multitude of experiences.
ENQUIRIES & BOOKINGS
72 Bryan Jordan Dr, Callemondah QLD 4680