BENEFITS OF JOINING AQ
Adventure Queensland (formally Backpacking Queensland) is the Adventure Travel, Backpacker and Independent Travel industry body of Queensland, formed to enhance the commercial viability of its members. Download our 2016 Member Benefits flyer now.
We aim to:
- Grow the adventure travel market to Queensland
- Provide marketing opportunities, industry information and support
- Provide local and state-wide networking opportunities
- Provide lobbying power and representation to all levels of government
- Provide a comprehensive web and online resource for operators and travellers
Remember…we offer reduced rates for members of RTO’s, LTO’s and Backpacker Associations via our “Dual Membership program”!
A member of Adventure Queensland receives a large range of benefits – these include:
MARKETING AND ON LINE PROMOTION
The cornerstone marketing strategy of Adventure Queensland is to drive visitation to the Adventure Queensland website and social media channels.
- Website. www.AdventureQueensland.com
- FULL or DUAL MEMBER secure a listing on the Adventure Queensland website including a detailed description of products and services, contact information and images and a link to your website.
- CORPORATE MEMBERS may have up to 4 products or locations listed.
- The website is a great tool for travellers as not only does it list Adventure Queensland members, but it also provides useful information and links.
- The website generally ranks highly with search engines via effective Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) due to continued updated content, featured articles and enhanced technologies.
- Online sales. The website has direct links to your own site, increasing both your SEO and direct bookings.
- An Adventure Queensland youth tourism brochure produced annually and distributed domestically in high volume areas frequented by the target market. The brochure provides great, useful information and is designed to have a long life-spam due to its information, usefulness and quality.
- Monthly e-newsletters updating the latest local networking events.
- The opportunity to be showcased as a feature article once per year in our monthly e-newsletter
- Social Media –
- Facebook. A dedicated Facebook page www.facebook.com/adventurequeensland that members and travellers can post on.
- Instagram – post your best shots! – instagram.com/adventurequeensland
- Twitter – #adventureqld – let’s get the buzz going for Queensland
- Members Facebook page – [listing all up and coming events] -facebook.com/AQMembers
DEDICATED, STATE-WIDE COMMITTEE
Every region of the state has a representative on the board of Adventure Queensland that members can turn to for advice, as well as raise any issues.
- While this is a state-wide organization, there is always a local contact close at hand. Your local contact is proud to volunteer their time to the Adventure Queensland committee. A list of the current committee can be found on our website.
As a member of Adventure Queensland, you will be invited to our bi-monthly meetings and networking events held in a different region every two months. This is a great way to hear what’s happening and network with the committee, local members and industry.
Adventure Queensland continues to work hard on various projects to benefit members. These include:
- Work in Queensland – Adventure Queensland aims to improve the reputation of work for adventure travellers, backpackers and independent travellers in Queensland to achieve consistent high and ethical service standards. Adventure Queensland will drive work enquiries to our key recruitment sponsors.
- Media – Adventure Queensland will work with media to leverage maximum exposure for our state and members.
- Resources – Adventure Queensland will be there to assist our members in understanding and complying with new laws. e.g. Fire Regulation, ACCC Pricing Law Changes
- Representation – Adventure Queensland will lobby Government to recognise the significance of the adventure travel/backpacker market and the importance of investing and devising policies accordingly
- Promotions – University, language school and trade fair promotions, postcard/flyer and poster distribution. Past projects include attendance at trade fairs (including WYSTC, Backpacker Travel Expos Sydney & Melbourne, backpacker festivals, O weeks at Sydney Uni, UNSW to mention a few!)